RHEXE flooring adhesives
Back to Category
RHEXE flooring adhesives
RHEXE FLEX 500 is a high performance single component, moisture-curing polyurethane adhesive with a very low emission of volatile organic components (VOC).
Area of Application
Flex 500 BF has been specifically designed for most traditional timber floors and parquet flooring. It has an excellent adhesion to most substrates such as wood, concrete and stone.
- Easy to useSingle component
- Flexible and elastic
- Excellent sound dampening qualities
- Low odourMoisture resistant
- Can be used in heating systems
- Easy to clean
Density at 20°C
1.25 ± 0.05
5°C to 35°C
Open time at 20°C
Temperature resistance of the assemblies
- 40°C to 90°C
Shore A hardness (Cured)
30 - 50
Skin formulation time at 23°C and 50% Relative Humidity
60 ± 10 minutes
Resistance to dilute acids and bases
Water and salt spray resistance
Tensile strength (DIN 53504)
Elongation at break (DIN 53504)
6.5 N / mm
Substrate preparationAll surfaces shall be dry, sound and smooth, free of wax, curing compounds, grease, paint, old adhesives, dust and dirt. New concrete surfaces must be completely cured. Ensure the moisture content of the concrete is below 5% or below 65% relative humidity. To assess sub-floor moisture / humidity levels prior to adhesive application use an appropriate moisture / humidity reading apparatus. If the moisture / humidity content is above the acceptable limits an approved moisture barrier must be applied to the sub-floor prior to the application of the adhesive.
On heated floors, after 2 to 3 weeks of functioning, heating has to be stopped 48 hours before working. Wait minimum 7 days before turning on the heating again gradually.
- Uniformly extrude onto the sub-floor with an appropriate gun, or spread by an appropriate spatula.
- Spread adhesive out onto a manageable area.
- Lay timber into wet adhesive film.
- Pin or weigh timber down as necessary.
- Do not walk on the floor for 12 hours.
- Allow to dry at least 24 hours before sanding.
Use recommended Cleaning
Solvent (such as Urethane Cleaning Solvent) blended for washing and
cleaning all rollers, lamb wool, applicators, brushes and equipment.
The normal coverage is 700 to 1,000 grams per m2 depending on the substrate.
Storage and shelf life
12 months in the original, hermetically sealed pails or sausages between 5oC and 25oC.
Flex 500 BF is available in 12 kg pails or 600 mL sausages.
1. Not classified as hazardous
2. Ensure gloves are worn when applying the adhesive.
3. If adhesive comes in contact with the skin, immediately wipe off with a dry cloth.
Storage and Usage
Use in well ventilated area. This adhesive has 12 months shelf life in the original, hermetically sealed pails or sausages between 5C and 25C.
Prices (including GST)
1. Pails 12 kg: $110 + GST
2. Sausages 600 mL: $7.70 + GST
3. Gun - applicator for sausages: $35 + GST
Info LinksRhexe Flex 500 BF Timber Flooring Adhesive - Technical Information
Rhexe Flex 500 Material Safety Data Sheet